We have a special weekday performance of Scarborough Renaissance Festival® for public, private, and home schools called Student Days.
Student Days – Tuesday, May 16, 2017
9:00am – 3:00pm
If you have questions, please call 972-938-3247, ext 17 or email.
Students are invited to enter the realm of England’s legendary King Henry VIII and experience the intellectual, cultural, and artistic splendor of the Renaissance first hand. Classes will experience a full day of demonstrations, shows, and educational interactions.
The Royal Court and villagers welcome, and in fact relish, discussions about daily life in the Renaissance. Our downloadable curriculum guide is full of information, exercises, and studies about the Renaissance that will enrich the educational experience, including activity modules in Math, Science and Poetry.
Admission is only $8.00 per student. One chaperone is admitted free for every 7 student tickets purchased. Additional chaperones may purchase tickets in advance by April 28th for only $10.00. From April 29th on, additional chaperones will be $15.00. If purchased at the gate, these tickets will cost $15.00.
A Royal Lunch Package will be available for purchase in advance for $9.00, and includes a choice of entrée, dessert and beverage.
Student Days are open to school groups only and not to the general public.
Payments can be made by credit card over the phone or via check in the mail.
Phone: 972-938-3247 x17
Scarborough Renaissance Festival
Attn: Student Days
PO Box 538
Waxahachie, TX 75168
In order to make a Reservation you will need an order code. To get the order code, please call 972-938-3247 x17 or email.
Student Days Contests & Competitions
Student Days hosts a number of academic competitions! All students are invited to compete in heraldry, art, drama, choir, improv, photography, essay, poetry, and prose & poetry interpretation competitions. Several of the competitions are based on the 2017 UIL standards. For more information, please contact the Student Days Department at 972-938-3247 x17 or by email.
Guidelines, Rules, and Registration Information can be found by clicking on the following links:
NEW FOR 2017: Renaissance Costume Contest
Drama Competition (The 2017 Drama Competition play is Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream!)
TEKS Objectives at Student Days
Student Days at Scarborough Renaissance Festival is a one of a kind educational experience!
To assist teachers with the planning of their trip, available to download is a list of TEKS Objectives and student-centered activities associated with Student Days (for use in the classroom leading up to Student Days):
Student Days offers a Curriculum Guide that covers topics related to all subjects. Some pages from the Curriculum Guide have been used to develop the subject specific objectives above.
If you have more questions, call 972-938-3247, ext 17 or email.
Student Days FAQs
- What are the dates and times for Student Days?
- Date: May 16, 2017. Times: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Why do I need to make a reservation?
- Student Days fill up quickly, so we encourage you to begin planning your visit now! Reserve as early as possible, with or without payment, online, by phone, or mail. When making reservations by phone, please call 972-938-3247 x17, or 1-888-533-7848 x17.
- When do I have to pay?
- To guarantee your reservations, payment must be received by April 28, 2017. Payment can be made by check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Checks should be made out to Scarborough Renaissance Festival.
- Why did we receive wristbands?
- Classes are admitted with individual wristbands. Adult and Student wristbands are different colors. Wristbands are mailed upon receipt of full payment, but additional admissions may be purchased at the ticket window upon arrival. We suggest that you write your school name and contact phone number on each wristband, to help identify students that get separated from their groups.
- What is the best time to arrive?
- The earlier, the better. Gates open at 9AM and you’ll want to arrive early to be able to experience all of the attractions and entertainment available at Student Days.
- What happens when we arrive?
- Festival staff will meet your group at your bus or other vehicle in the parking lanes and provide complimentary programs listing performance times, craft demonstrations, and menu items. You will be directed to proceed to the front gates as a group. Everyone must be wearing their wristbands to be admitted. Chaperones arriving separately should be directed to meet your group at the front gate.
- Do I need to stay with my students?
- With 35 acres of discovery and learning, we ask that teachers and chaperones remain with their students throughout the day.
- Is the park handicapped accessible?
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival is completely handicapped accessible.
- Can we leave the park and come back in?
- Students are not allowed to leave the park without a teacher or chaperone.
- What is the cost for food and drink?
- Food and beverage prices are specially reduced for Student Days and will range from $2 to $6 per item. Festival food items include Giant Turkey Legs, Pizza, Sausage on a Stick, Stuffed Baked Potatoes and more. Royal Lunch packages are available to purchase in advance for $9.00.
- What is the ‘Royal Lunch’?
- A Royal Lunch Package is available for purchase in advance, and includes a choice of entrée, dessert and beverage.
- Can we bring our lunches?
- Your students can also bring bag lunches. They can be stored on your bus and retrieved when needed. Students are not allowed to leave the park without a teacher or chaperone, so please take only the number of students necessary to bring back the lunches for the rest of the class.
- Can I use my Friend of the Faire Membership or Child’s Season pass at Student Days?
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival Friend of the Faire Memberships and Child’s Season Passes are not valid for Student Days.
- Are there refunds, exchanges or replacements on Student Days tickets?
- There are no refunds, replacements or exchanges for Student Days tickets.