Scarborough Academy of Performing Arts (Performing Company)
Scarborough is looking for performers who interact well with others, can follow instructions and enjoy entertaining. Actors should expect that their characters will be outgoing, interesting and entertaining to the visitors of Scarborough Renaissance Festival.
Auditions will consist of a series of previously unrehearsed, individual and group activities; however no improvisational acting experience is required. Following auditions, characters will be created to best suit the needs of the festival, the cast and the performers.
Stage and Lane Performers
To be considered as a Stage or Lane act for the Festival, please send the below information. Stage acts normally perform four 25 minutes shows per day. Lane act performers are scheduled for breaks.
- A DVD of your act between five and fifteen minutes long
- Your resume, references and any PR material that you may have
- Your daily salary requirements. For serious consideration, all proposals must include salary requests. We do negotiate, but we must have a baseline for budgetary reasons.
- Your availability. The Festival runs for 8 consecutive weeks on Saturdays, Sundays and Memoria Day Monday. There may also be at least one Student Day that is usually held on a Tuesday in late April or early May.
- We are more than happy to visit your website for additional information, but you MUST SEND THE REQUESTED MATERIALS BY MAIL. We will not open unsolicited email attachments.
Festival Dates: Saturdays, Sundays, and Memorial Day Monday, April 10 – May 31, 2021
Please mail your information to:
Scarborough Renaissance Festival
2511 FM 66
Waxahachie, TX 75167
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis. To be seriously considered for the 2022 season, all materials should be received no later than June 1, 2021. Materials will not be returned.