We want everyone to stay safe and healthy! Scarborough Renaissance Festival has enhanced health & safety measures and due to COVID-19 there are new guidelines and restrictions for the 2021 season. These measures, such as social distancing and face coverings, have been developed in accordance with current state and local mandates and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) to help keep our patrons, participants and employees safe and to protect everyone from potential exposure to COVID-19.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Scarborough Renaissance Festival, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree to follow all posted instructions and guidelines. Below are the full Scarborough Renaissance Festival guidelines & protocols for the 2021 season.
COVID-19 Protocols & Guidelines
The health and safety of our patrons, staff, employees and participants is our top priority! Therefore, Scarborough Renaissance Festival is following all local and state mandates and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) guidelines regarding COVID 19 in order to conduct our 2021 Festival in the safest way possible for everyone. Scarborough Renaissance Festival may be limited in capacity and will be modified based on these mandates & Guidelines.
Follow the Basics
Please do your part! Follow these guidelines and enjoy your visit to Scarborough Renaissance Festival!
Stay Home if you are Sick
- If you are sick or think you may be exposed to someone with COVID 19, please stay home!
- CDC guidelines for Covid 19 symptoms
Please be Courteous
- We ask that everyone be courteous, have patience and adhere to signage directions and follow reminders from our staff, participants and safety services
Keep your Social Distance
- Keep a minimum of at least 6 feet of distance between you and others not in your party
- Follow the social distancing markers and other signs throughout the Festival
Wear a Mask
- Masks will be REQUIRED at all times, except when eating & drinking for everyone 5 and older (patrons, participants, employees, and staff alike). Children 4 & under will not be required to wear a mask.
- Masks must cover both nose and mouth. Shields can be worn in addition to masks but not in place of them.
- If you do not have a mask, there are disposable masks available and re-usable masks for sale in our souvenir shoppes
- Scarborough will have competitions and random rewards throughout the season for our patrons that are creatively following guidelines
- Please stay stationary when eating or drinking for the protection of those around you
Wash your Hands
- Wash your hands frequently and/or sanitize your hands at the more than 60 hand sanitizing stations throughout the Festival. The CDC recommends washing for 20 seconds.
Cover your Cough or Sneeze
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or tissue and discard tissues appropriately
Scarborough Renaissance Festival will do its part! Here’s what we are doing to increase safety and provide a safe environment and protect the health & safety of our employees, participants and patrons.
Daily Screenings for Participants
- All staff members, employees and participants will be screened daily for temperatures and assessed for symptoms
- Anyone with symptoms and/or a fever of 100.0 or above will not be allowed to work/ participate
- All Scarborough Renaissance Festival staff members, employees, entertainers, artisans, and participants are required to wear a mask at all times
- The exception will be entertainers on stage at a distance greater than 6 ft from others
- All employees handling food or cash are required to wear gloves
- All staff members, employees and participants are required to wash and/or sanitize their hands frequently
- All high touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently throughout each Festival day
- Each night prior to a Festival day the facilities will be thoroughly sanitized
- All condiments and utensils will be in individual serving sized packages
- Markers will be placed throughout the Festival to indicate the proper social distancing
- These include at the kitchens, pubs, rides, games, etc.
- All Festival shoppes, pubs and attractions will have limited capacity
- Tables & seating in the food areas will be spread out appropriately with some tables removed or relocated as necessary
- Seating in the stage areas may be reduced and benches will be spread out and/or marked for proper social distancing between parties attending shows
Entertainment & Artisan Demonstrations
- All of our entertainers and artisan demonstrators will be adapting their shows/demonstrations to adhere to proper COVID protocols and guidelines while maintaining the amazing quality of our entertainment and demonstrations
You can download these guidelines in PDF form here.