Join us for Scarborough Renaissance Festival’s Themed Weekends!
April 9 & 10 – Opening Weekend/Travel Back in Time/Kid’s Free
Scarborough kicks off its 41st season with special discounts for kids and seniors and the All-New Scarborough Quest!
- Kid’s Free – Kids 12 & Under get in Free all weekend! Up to 3 kids with each paid adult. Kids 4 & under are always free!
- Senior Discount – Seniors 65+ can get in for half price this weekend only when purchasing their tickets at the Festival’s ticket office each day.
- ALL NEW! Scarborough Quest – Travel back in time and become a part of the village of Scarborough in the All-New Scarborough Quest! Details will be released closer to the season.
April 16 & 17 – Artisan’s Showcase Weekend & Easter
Join us as we showcase the amazing Artisans and their crafts along with Easter celebrations during the 8th Annual Artisan’s Showcase Weekend.
- Artisan’s Showcase On-Line Gallery – Vote for your favorite shoppe and get the chance to win a handmade basket filled with treasures from the Scarborough Artisans!
- Shop & Win – Spend $350 at the Festival shoppes and receive (2) Complimentary Tickets valid any day of the Scarborough Renaissance Festival 2022 season. Only purchases made this weekend qualify. Redeem your receipts at the Scarborough Tents just outside the Ticket Office from 12:00 noon – 8:00 pm.
- Children’s Easter Scavenger Hunt throughout the Festival site to win a free Ice Cream. Scavenger Hunt maps available at the Exit Gate.
- Renaissance Easter Service – 12:00 Noon at the Crown Meadow Stage – SUNDAY ONLY
April 23 & 24 – Viking & Ale Weekend (All New)
Come be a part of the Viking invasion of Scarborough during the All-New Viking & Ale Weekend!
- Adult’s & Children’s Costume Contests – All New. Vikings and other barbarians are invited to join in the fun each day! Register at the exit gate by 1:30 pm each day to participate. Contests take place at the Crown Meadow Stage at 2:00 pm.
- Royal Ale Festival – As the signature event of the ALL-NEW Viking & Ale Weekend, The Royal Ale Festival is a tasting experience exploring eight new beer & ale varieties paired with lively entertainment and light snacks. More information available on our Special Events page.
- Stein Holding Competition – See if you have what it takes to hold a beer stein longer than the rest to win your very own souvenir Scarborough Renaissance Festival® stein! Register at the Ext Gate by 3:00 pm each day to participate and to get all the details. Contests take place at the Royal Pavilion at 4:00 pm each day.
April 30 & May 1 – Live the Fantasy/Spring Celebration
Fantasy enthusiasts, Cosplay Fans, and techies – this weekend is just for you – Come live the Fantasy!
- Adult’s & Children’s Costume Contests: Those in Fantasy Based costumes show off your best costumes and compete for the chance to win a great Scarborough prize pack! Register at the exit gate by 1:30 pm each day to participate. Contests take place at the Crown Meadow Stage at 2:00 pm.
- Children’s Fairy Initiation 12:00pm at the Royal Marquee (in Pecan Grove). Become a part of the Fairy Court at this fanciful ceremony and receive your very own Fairy Keepsake!
- Fairy Entertainment – Details will be released closer to the season.
- Spring Celebration: Join in the fun with the Villagers of Scarborough as they celebrate May Day and the beginning of Spring by adorning themselves with beautiful flowers throughout the weekend.
- Deaf Day – Saturday, April 30th. Special signed performances throughout the Festival site compliments of Hired Hands, Inc.
May 7 & 8 – Celebrating Chivalry Weekend
It’s all about Chivalry & Romance this weekend at Scarborough Renaissance Festival!
- Vow Renewal Ceremony at 11:30 am each day at the Royal Marquee (New Location). Couples are invited to join us to renew their wedding vows and commitments to each other! No registration required. Free with Festival admission.
- Chivalry Lessons with Real Knights: Join the Knights of the Noble Cause at 3:00 pm each day at the Royal Marquee to learn how to treat others in a chivalrous manner.
- Chocolate Sensations: The ALL-NEW Chocolate Sensations event will take you on a journey of discovering luscious chocolates and how they pair with your favorite beer & wine. It is the perfect complement to Celebrating Chivalry Weekend! You will enjoy six samplings while being entertained by the wonderful music of Scarborough. More information available on our Special Events page. This Event is now SOLD OUT.
May 14 & 15 – Legends of the Seas Weekend
The Legends of the Seas come alive at Scarborough Renaissance Festival® this weekend!
- Adult’s & Children’s Costume Contests: Pirates, Mermaids, and all other manner of Sea Creatures are invited to join in the fun each day! Register at the exit gate by 1:30 pm each day to participate. Contests take place at the Crown Meadow Stage at 2:00 pm.
- Naval Enlistment Ceremony – 12:00 pm at the Royal Marquee each day. See if you have what it takes to become a member of the Royal Navy in this interactive ceremony!
- Pirate Entertainment – Be sure to see Nature of Mercy and the Rambling Sailors!
May 21 & 22 – Celtic Weekend
Unleash your inner Celt this Weekend while enjoying special Celtic performances and testing your fortitude in a number of themed competitions.
- Celtic Themed Contests:
- Children’s Highland Games – All-New! Kids 12 & under are invited to participate in these age-old games of skill at the Royal Pavilion at 2:00 pm each day
- Scottish Egg Eating contest 3:30 pm each day at the Sea Hag Stage. Register at the Exit gate by 1:00 pm each day to participate.
- Tug O’War! Adults can join in the Village’s Tug O’War competition at 4:00 pm each day at the Royal Pavilion
- Special Celtic Entertainment – this weekend only! Shandon School of Irish Dancers on the Reveler’s Stage 4:30 pm each day
- Scottish Highland Warriors 11am & 2:30pm on Revelers Stage. Scottish Highland Warriors were renowned swordsmen and were one of the last armies that used the sword in battle. See demonstrations of the Highland broadsword, broadsword and targe (shield), and the Scottish dirk with the Victorian Fencing Society. The Victorian Fencing Society is located in Carrollton, TX and promotes the research, training and demonstration of historical swordplay from the eighteenth and nineteenth century. https://www.victorianfencingsociety.com/
- Plus, daily Celtic entertainment that includes Rover’s Way and Celtic Legacy’s Rocking Bagpipes & Drums
May 28, 29, & 30 – The Last Huzzah
Come give one Last Huzzah as we close out our 41st Season with a grand celebration over the 3 day Memorial Day Weekend with music, merriment, & magic throughout the village of Scarborough!
- Topsy Turvy Day – All-New! Queens become beggars and Villagers become Kings in this day of Topsy Turvy on Sunday, May 29th Only! Join in the fun!
- Memorial Day Veterans Parade and Fallen Heroes Tribute at the conclusion of the parade on the Olde Chess Field. Monday, May 30th only. All active and retired military members, as well as Veterans, are invited to receive a yellow sash to commemorate their service (at the Village Armoury). They are also invited to march in the parade following the presentation of colors.