Scarborough Academy of Performing Arts (Performing Company)
Scarborough is looking for performers who interact well with others, can follow instructions and enjoy being entertaining. Actors should expect that their characters will be outgoing, interesting and entertaining to the visitors of Scarborough Renaissance Festival®.
Auditions will consist of a series of previously unrehearsed, individual and group activities; however no improvisational acting experience is required. Following auditions, characters will be created to best suit the needs of the festival, the cast and the performers.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, January 25th and Sunday, January 26th by appointment only. To schedule an audition please fill out the following form and our Cast Director will get back to you as soon as possible!
Stage and Street Performers
To be considered as a Stage or Street act for the festival, please send the following information:
- A DVD of your act between five and fifteen minutes long.
- Your resume, references and any PR material that you may have.
- Your daily salary requirements. Stage acts normally do four 25 minute shows per day. Street performers are scheduled for breaks.
- Your availability. The show runs for 8 weeks on Saturday, Sunday and Memorial Day Monday. There may be at least one Student Day, usually a Tuesday in May.
- We are more than happy to visit your website for additional information, but you MUST SEND THE REQUESTED MATERIALS BY MAIL. We will not open unsolicited email attachments.
- For serious consideration, all proposals must contain salary requests. We do negotiate, but we must have a baseline for budgetary reasons.
Please mail your information to:
Scarborough Renaissance Festival
2511 FM 66
Waxahachie, TX 75167
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis. To be seriously considered for the 2021 season, all materials should be received no later than June 1, 2020. Materials will not be returned.